Saturday, April 17, 2010

Squash and Other Shenanigans

Boo, I had a good time at squash today.  I was a little rusty at first but as I got more into it I had more fun.  I think my skill level was moderate compared to the others, lost out to the more advanced players and won over the beginners.  I think it was good exercise though, manage to get a lot of rounds in.  Hopefully I stretched enough!  I even talked to someone afterwards who wanted to make it regular club that would meet once a month or so, I should e-mail him back.  The chap's name was Craig, it was interesting since he was from South Africa, like one of the people from my care group.  They also happened to go to the same university.  I also met someone from Chula Vista, San Diego.  All in all it was a fun time, hopefully I can get some more squash in the near future and learn from the advanced players!  I still have a long way to go in terms of most of the basics: fitness level, strokes and most importantly footwork.

After squash I went out to peep at shoes at the Adidas originals store.  I don't know if it was the music or what but I felt kinda dirty looking at the shoes with a bunch of other guys in the store, we all over the shoes, examining them and scrutinizing them.  Thankfully the changed the track from the booty rap song to some more tasteful stuff.  Found the shoe I was looking for, the Nizza Zip Hi.   Only saw one color, black fabric with white rubber, but that was the only one I was really interested in anyway.  Costs HK$599 (77US), lower than expected especially since some other shoes were going for closer to $1000.  I didn't try them on yet but I guess if really want them I know where to get them, although I'm having reservations since I have the same style of shoe but without the high ankle and it kind of pinches my feet at my little toes.

They're releasing the Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in 3D in the theaters here, are they doing that in the states too? They're really milking this new 3D craze and the profits they make from the pricier tickets.

I have not forgotten the three little monsters!  Once I figure out what color I want for them I'll finish them off.  Here they are protecting my computer screen from unwanted visitors.



Also here's the growing fourth plant, you can see it a little in the background. I'll take more photos of all the other plants in the big pot too when it's brighter.



Today I saw a little gachapon I couldn't resist. It was a little DIY 'puzzle' of various Marvel superhero characters. The one I got was the hulk, it was a lot of fun. Plus it was cheap so I don't have to worry if I lose the keychain. I thought that it was funny that my camera focused on the face of the little cartoon character in the picture of the second photo 'cos it though it was a real face.



1 comment:

Esther said...

Hehe the finished keychain looks pretty cute :)

And your tomato plants are growing fast! you'll be transporting them to a bigger pot any day now :)

Hahah your dirty shoe looking stop's funnyy...and well you'll never know if these shoes will be uncomfortable until you try them on. At least you'll know what to look for --discomfort in your lil toes :P

I'm glad squash went well... it sounds fun to make it a monthly thing. Looks like from all the people you meet since you've gone back to hk, the world's a small world!