Saturday, April 10, 2010

Japanese Food and other Random Saturday Happenings

Just a quick update, I know I haven't blogged a while, been coming back late or been busy with studying for the midterm.

Just some random photos from today, I didn't mention it earlier but for dinner I had dinner with friends at a really authentic Japanese place.  I mentioned that you were coming next month, so we'll probably have another dinner gathering when you come :).

First though, some random shots of what I'm guessing is a photography class.  There weren't only guys, there were some ladies taking photos too so I wasn't as creeped out as I would have been if it was all guys.  The model was OK looking I guess, the lighting wasn't great today though since it was foggy.  Taking photos of photographers is one of my favorite subjects, since it's not often that you see the other side of the camera.








Cats are another favorite photography object of mine.  They're common in an area I used to volunteer one summer back in High School so I took photos of them when I could.  They like to hide in odd places, which makes for interesting photography.  This was the cat at the Japanese restaurant.


This one's looking up to the top of the shelf.  It eventually gathered the guts to climb all the way up the shelf by hanging onto the fabric with it's claws.


Gyoza.  Pretty yummy, I thought it was interesting how they left the crispy layer intact.



We also had a range of other stuff, we had grilled onigiri, where the rice started to become brown and hot.  Probably a complete opposite of what you like, but I thought it was interesting.   Also had chicken gristle, fried chicken skin, beef tongue, chicken liver, quail eggs, sushi, chicken wings and sukiyaki.

Here pictured is tempura and eel rice.

1 comment:

Esther said...

oOh I like the model's hair..it'd be nice if it were a bit curlier, but I like the color.

hehe and i like your cat picture...i rarely see animals inside restaurants. If anything, they're usually birds. That looks like one pretty well groomed cat-doesn't look too shabby. let's take him home :)

I don't know how much I would like authentic Japanese food. hahaha I like sushi but Californized sushi with fried stuff and sauces :P I like the idea of an authentic Japanese place though :)

and let's go out with your friends after I get my haircut..haha. some perming and color treatment to make me more AZN!