Sunday, April 4, 2010

I've looked back on my earlier posts and I've strayed from the style of love notes this blog was supposed to be to a more mundane update of the goings of my life. I hope I can be able to put more meaning and heart into my posts soon.

I just wanted to comment on my thoughts the book I was reading on the Chinese historian. You probably know my views on polygamy already, as I continue to read the book I obviously don't want to take this historian's life as an example for my life. I just thought it was interesting that his wife was willing to tolerate his actions, at least on the surface. Who knows what she was thinking deep inside. Still, it's an interesting book to read. I don't think I'll be learning any moral lessons from it but hopefully later on in the book I'll get to read more on the history of China, or how the historian dug it up at a time when China was still quite closed in terms of sharing their knowledge or history with foreigners.

Also, as I near the end of the book 'Counterfeit Gods' I think I'll share some of the commentary on modern day society and some of the Bible verses brought up for discussion in the book. It's a good book, and it's short. I'm nearing the end and once I finish I'll move on to read the other books gifted to me at my baptism. I pray that as we continue this relationship we can both grow stronger in our faith. As a new and young Christian I still have plenty of room to grow and mature.

No comments: