Monday, April 5, 2010

Just made my blog public.  I wonder who will look.  I just noticed under the basic settings page there are some important settings:

A Listed blog may be linked to from Blogger.com, such as the Blogger home page, Blogger Play, and Next Blog. If you select "No" your blog will not appear in these places, but it will still be available on the Internet. This blog will still be displayed on your profile unless you hide it. Edit displayed blogs.

If you select "Yes" we will include your blog in Google Blog Search and pingWeblogs.com. If you select "No", everyone can still view your blog but search engines will be instructed not to crawl it.




This might explain any random visitors that you may get when you make posts to blogger, since a listed blog can be linked on the front page of blogger.


Under the basic settings you can also try out the new post editor, that option is all the way down at the bottom.  The photo uploader is much simpler to use and the other functions look much more straight forward.  You might want to try it out.


Went swimming again today.  I think I went all out today, tried to swim with bursts at full speed to get the most exercise at my time at the pool.  The pool was quite empty today so I didn't need to go to the 'fast lap' lane in order to swim fast.


I have a few things on my to do list.  I want to apply for my Joint Universities library card so I can spend time at the HKU library, if I have time tomorrow I'll go to HKUST to apply for it.  I also really should look up squash and Mandarin classes.  I've thought about it and I might have talked about it but I haven't really put my ideas into action.


I wonder what will happen tomorrow, I don't have anything in particular planned.  Hopefully my mom will feel better so we can spend some time out.  My mom opened the gift from you, she really liked it so she took a few photos of it to post on her blog.


My dad's sleeping right now and all of our old photo CD's are stored in his room, so I decided to find some other old photos of mine from my own back up DVD.


Swimming in Pattaya, Thailand.  Not sure when this is from.



The next few photos are from our first digital camera, a Kodak.  Looking at these pictures again I think the quality is quite bad.  It's amazing how much cameras have improved.


Here I took a photo in the Sony building in Tokyo.  It's kind of funny looking at the tech from ten years ago.  They had a Memory Stick Walkman, one of the early MP3 players.  It obviously didn't take off because memory sticks (Sony's own proprietary memory) didn't become that popular since they only work in Sony products.  I have braces on in this pic, didn't choose the most flattering photos but I thought they might be interesting to you because you were interested in going to Tokyo.  I'm kind of sad we didn't take more interesting photos.



At first I thought this was the bullet train but I guess it's not...



Last photo in the hotel lobby.  I think I enjoyed Tokyo more for all the gadgets I saw rather than the tourist attractions, although I'm sure you can find lots more interesting things there.



Did a bike tour around Phuket.  Thought I would post these because we were talking about going to Phuket earlier.  We didn't take any beach photos because we were afraid the camera would get damaged so I took photos on the bike tour that I took by myself instead.  Thought I might show you another side to the island than what you already know about, since Phuket is more famous for it's beaches and it's nightlife than for it's other areas.



Biked around the island for about half a day, not sure how far I biked for.  These are rubber trees, Phuket's two main exports are tin and rubber.



One of the local huts in the villages, these are done in the traditional Thai way are similar to huts from other indigenous cultures in South East Asia and related places like Hawaii.

4 comments:

Esther said...

oOh i like your pictures :) your Tokyo ones were really cute, and your phuket ones look more like you now :) I didn't know you visited phuket :D The swimming one reminds me of the one we bought for isaac. hehe.

I'm really really glad your mom liked the present :)

And I didn't open my blog to those 2 options.

why have you decided to publicize your blog? thought it was just for me...

Esther said...

i'm happy you're putting more thought into classes :)

hehe i guess ppl are going on vacay so they don't have time to go swimming :) and yay for maxing your exercising :)

Esther said...

i like the smile of you in the first tokyo picture..it's even :)

and what phuket's main exports are tin and rubber? thought they export girls too...brides? }:) gosh tin and rubber sound so innocent

Esther said...

i checked out the settings and changed google search to yes and listed blog to no..also picked the new post editor :)