Sunday, March 21, 2010

Reading Habit

Have you read a good book lately? I just finished reading Rendezvous with Rama, a science fiction novel by Arthur C. Clarke, as I mentioned earlier. Clarke is famous for penning another science fiction classic, 2001: A Space Odyssey, which was put onto film by Stanley Kubrick. I haven't read such a good book in a while, I couldn't put it down as I was finishing it last night before going to sleep. The next book I'm interested in reading is Bomb, Book & Compass, a non-fiction commentary by Simon Winchester on Chinese civilization. I'm assuming it's good because it, like 'Rama', is also from my dad's book collection.

Looking at old book covers makes me feel lonely for some reason, their cover art is often dull and abstract. The smell of old books always brings me back to the days in primary school when I used to read books more either in the school library or in public libraries. I think it's good to continue my old habit and pick up reading again. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Esther said...

hehe we like opposite genres...i like fiction and you like sci-fi/non-fiction. I used to like children sci-fi like magic and knights and centaurs..i don't have anything of the top of my head that i wanna read tho..