Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Burger and a Salad After a Long Day at Work

I'm glad that TPR is being so helpful to you and I'm glad that you've made the decision to come to Taiwan. We'll be closer and besides you'll be makin' that bacon. You've got plenty of time to prepare yourself physically and mentally.

I worked till a little before 8 today and decided to treat myself to a burger at the Japanese burger/coffee shop called Freshness Burger. I pass by it almost everyday to get the minibus home since it's right in front of the bus stop and I've seen several branches elsewhere, but I've never eaten there. I think the name put me off at first, I thought it sounded weird, but today I decided to give it a try. At first I was thinking of getting a regular beef patty hamburger but instead I decided to go more healthy and chose the mushroom burger instead. I got 15% off using my student card and snapped some shots while waiting for my burger.

This is their little ketchup and condiment stand. The spherical light says 'World Spice' and the bottom looks like a retro fridge.


The 'Yucha soda'. It's soda with honey citron mix at the bottom. My piano teacher once gave me honey citron tea mix, it's kind of like marmalade but it's good for making hot drinks, especially when you have a cold. It tasted pretty good as a soda.


Maybe next time I'll try the regular hamburger, apparently the beef is 'healthy hormone free 100% Australian'.


The salad and drink, looks awfully empty without the burger. I was too hungry so I ate the salad first while waiting for the burger.


The mushroom burger! It's literally a large mushroom the size of a meat patty in a burger. The onions were sauteed just right, it smelled really good and the onions were really soft. The mushroom was big and juicy, I hope it had enough proteins to substitute for the beef!


It's so hot and juicy that it steamed up my camera lens...


My stalkerish view of the bus stop.



Hope you enjoyed the burger as much as I did.

2 comments:

Esther said...

hahahha that's a huge mushroom. and the last picture you took has 2 glowing lights/eyes in it...makes it sinister..hahah

Esther said...

i thought the mushroom burger would be beef with mushrooms mixed into the patty..guess not..lol