Saturday, February 27, 2010

Swimming Pool Thoughts

When I go swimming I often have contemplative thoughts while I swim. Things that I think to pass the time in the pool. I usually swim the breast stroke, which is the least demanding of the four strokes. It's also easier in a crowded pool where doing backstroke will leave you ending up crashing into others and the freestyle will also do the same since you go fast and you can't see others. The butterfly is just too exhausting.

My thoughts were this. I was reflecting on my prayer for you before you slept and I feel that I should have also prayed God would continue to work in your life so that you would continue to live in a way that is pleasing to God. Often in our lives we think of what can do to please ourselves or to please others but we must consider above all else whether it is pleasing in the eyes of God.

It took me a while to re-gather my thoughts since there's no way for me to write things down while I'm in the pool. I'm a little tired right now but I'll leave you with a photo of my reward after swimming. It's okonomiyaki! I was reading the wiki article on it and I like the meaning of the name, 'what you like'.[wiki] The style of okonomiyaki I had was Hiroshima style with yakisoba, bacon and veggies on the inside, egg and sauce on top and a doughy layer at the bottom. It was quite yummy and it came with oolong tea and takoyaki (octopus balls).


1 comment:

Esther said...

AWWW you swim froggy style...me 2 :) It feels the most natural and peaceful one for me. the butterfly's fun but it's funner to do it alone b/c it feels a bit silly.

I think sometimes it's easy to forget to please God b/c the ppl around us are so concrete and the things we do to please them get instant rewards...it's just easier b/c we can see and touch while God's invisible. Pleasing God takes faith and trust. and so yeahh I guess we need God's help in working to please Him. Thanks for the insight :)

On another note, I don't like onanomimimimyaki? haha. too strong. and bacon? goshh I didn't know the Japanese used bacon :P I like the chinese oyster egg cakes more which is like a version of the onomiyaki ...but doesn't have a complicated name :P