Friday, February 26, 2010

Out with Dad

In Hong Kong gas lamps are somewhat of a rarity and so my dad wanted me to take some photos of the few gas lamps that are left here. Although it looks like an electric bulb it's actually supplied by the gas lines. They were preserved as a part of the heritage of the old Hong Kong.
Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa

Please click on the pics, especially the last one, you can see much more detail and you can read about the history of the gaslamps. I guess it's probably like the gaslamps in the gaslamp district in San Diego? Expect things in Hong Kong change so much that very little is saved in the turnover of buildings and structures from old functions to new ones.

Hope to see that blog post from you too. I meant to blog about the trip so I guess I'll do that this weekend. I get to receive your package tomorrow too! I'm excited.

1 comment:

Esther said...

haha I wasn't expecting a post on lamps, but it was interesting :) Iono when I'll blog next. We'll see. And I'm glad you're finally getting your package :) The lamps would look cooler if it didn't look like it had a lighbult- I don't think I'd notice them if I was walking around there. But it's nice to keep them around. I haven't seen the ones in the Gaslamp district-don't think I've gone? LOVE YOU. SEE YOU WHEN YOU WAKE UP BRIGHT AND EARLY ..MAN IT'S WINDY TODAY O.0