Sunday, February 7, 2010

It was a rainy day...

...But now I'm done packing, and I get to see you soon!

I had dim sum (yum cha 飲茶) with high school friends. It was pouring outside, my jeans and favorite black shoes got soaked, I'm getting them dry by tomorrow so I can wear them. I was late so I had to make my own way to the place. It was a good 10-15 minute walk from the MTR station and I only had a rough sense of direction since I'd never been to the place before, I was only given the Google maps. The funny thing is I managed to, by chance, walk up the right set of stairs that leaded right to the front of the restaurant. However, I forgot the name of the restaurant because the sign is only in Chinese characters. Also I managed to write the wrong street name so I thought I was at the wrong place. Therefore I thought it was too good to be true, that with only a rough sense of direction I would manage to get to the right place. So kept walking, till I realized I was too close to the next district. I then headed for shelter and tried frantically to call my friends, but they didn't pick up at all, or so it seemed. I headed back to the restaurant I first saw and decided to head in. Luckily enough it was the right one, since my friends turned out to have no phone reception inside. Next time I should follow my gut instinct, not everything is too good to be true.

The food was good, although I didn't manage to eat too much since I was late. Had the standard fare, siu mai, bao, char siu fan (叉燒飯), fish in corn sauce with rice, 猪肚, 香片茶...some other goodies.

I left at 2ish, thinking that I was late for Baptism class. I arrived at 2:50pm, which would have been late if class started at 2:30pm. But I was actually early since class started at 3pm. I was even there before the Pastor and most people came in a little late anyway due to the rain.

That's my little story for today, two lucky coincidences or at least so I think. I've just about finished packing up and I've also just finished reading Purpose Driven Life. Thank you so much again for giving the book, it has been a good guide for my early spiritual growth and I hope to keep it up.

I pray your lesson goes well. Thanks for writing that packing list, it really helped me. I copied it into my Google tasks and ticked off the boxes one by one. All I have left to pack are my flip flops (doh I just remembered) and the 年糕 since I would prefer to pack them at last minute to keep them as cold as possible for the longest duration of time. I really miss you and I can't wait to see you at Milbrae.

1 comment:

Esther said...

hehe sweeetie, being on time is so important though :P luv you. can't wait to see you. i pray for a safe flight :)