Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sexy

Just testing my different options for blogging from my phone.  I can either use the phone's message function (for sms, mms and email) or use the gmail app that came with the phone.  I'm afraid I'll get charged if I send it from the phone's message function so I'm gonna just copy this to the gmail app... So right now I'm writing this as I go to the bus stop.  I've wanted to cut my hair for a few days, it's getting gnarly.  Took a sexy pic of myself on the bus, hope you like it.  I'm on the bus now, time to take a break from the phone :).
Writing from the phone is a strange experience, I'm out in the wild and I feel like my thoughts are more disconnected with all the distractions around me.  I want to take photos of everything interesting  but I can't do it fast enough.  I wonder if people can write books this way, get their thoughts together and send them through the phone then collect their thoughts together to make sense of it all.  I'd imagine that the generation born in the age of mobile phones and computing would probably start to get more comfortable with keyboards and touchscreens rather than pen and paper.  Apparently there has been an increase in the usage of typewritters as some writers become discontent with Microsoft Word although I do wonder whether there are other professional publishing programs that are better.  For most of the research articles I have seen thus far, most people use Microsoft Word.  I have to help Phd regularly since Word is such an abominable beast.  I think I have the beast mostly tamed and under control since Office is now an old friend of mine.
I'm on the MTR now and I added a photo of a car I like.  It's the Nissan Skyline GTR, muscled up relative of the Infiniti G35 (still called the Nissan Skyline in Japan).  It's one of the most expensive mass production cars and repair and maintenance costs are crazy.  One thing I appreciate about returning to Hong Kong is the nice cars I see, the frequency of nice cars seen here is similar to that of La Jolla.  Masarati's seem to be getting more popular here, a few years ago I'd think they would be unheard of here.
Also appreciable is Hong Kong people's taste for shoes (no offense to Americans).  Got two pics of shoes I thought were interesting.  I tried to be nonchalant when taking the pics.  The red shoes reminded me of Minnie mouse's shoes.  You can't see much detail on the other but its a nice pair of Adidas.  Usually I'd be able to make out the make of the shoe but I guess this one is rarer.

No comments: