Monday, July 18, 2011

Taken

So I'm not sure if there were any other movies I missed out, I can't remember.  I actually watched this movie on Blu ray at a friend's house, the movie was originally released in 2008.  It was pretty awesome since he had a nice home entertainment setup.  It follows the story of a father, a former CIA operative, who chases for his daughter after she gets kidnapped by an Albanian group of sex traders operating in Paris.  Although the movie was quite violent I couldn't help but side with the actions the father took in order to attempt to save his daughter.  The ending was obvious but the story did have one or two twists along the way where you wondered how on earth the father was going to escape his predicament.  A great movie overall, I liked the idea of attaching a reason and an emotion to all of the violence since you care that much more that the father achieves his goals in order to save his daughter.  I also liked the investigative side to the story where the father picks up clues along the way and must use both his brains and his physical skills to find his daughter with the risk of failure meaning he may never see his daughter again.

No comments: