Monday, July 18, 2011

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt. 2

OK so I had a period of time when I was too lazy to update what movies I watched and by now I've already forgotten what other movies I may have watched.  However I would not be able to forget the latest and last episode in the Harry Potter saga, it signaled an end of an era and fine conclusion to the series.  I won't go too much into the story but I guess the summary would be that Lord Voldemort is on a mission to kill Harry Potter and Harry Potter is on a mission to kill Lord Voldemort as well by destroying the remaining horcruxes, magical objects that contain part of Lord Voldemort's soul that allowed him to be resurrected after his death.  Each of the horcruxes are created with a mysterious magic that revolves around a murder and Lord Voldemort had committed many murders to create more horcruxes to ensure his immortality.  The story, I am assuming, is faithful to the book and therefore possesses all the qualities that attracted people to the book in the first place.  Of course the special effects help too and to conclude the movie the story jumps forward 19 years to see the families of Harry Potter and Ginny, Ron and Hermione and others sending their children off to Hogwarts.

3 comments:

Esther said...

hehe sounds really good--I can't wait to see it :)

Tev said...

I don't know if you'll see this but oh well. Yup it was pretty good, I actually watched it in 2D instead of 3D 'cos we couldn't get good seats for 3D and the tickets were about 30% cheaper for 2D anyway. What's the price difference between 2D and 3D in the States? I read that a lot of people were unwilling to watch it in 3D. Any other upcoming movies you want to watch

Esther said...

I feel like 3D is too much for me so I prefer 2D too. Not sure about the pricing though. I'm not too aware of upcoming movies, but I did recently watch X-men and really enjoyed that.