Thursday, March 24, 2011

World Invasion (Battle: Los Angeles)

I always find a movie more enjoyable when I stay away from any hype surrounding it.  Also, watching trailers can often ruin a movie for me.  I had neither any hype nor any idea of what this movie would be like.  I guess it helped to know that it got bad reviews.  I didn't think this movie warranted the bad reviews it got.  The basic story is that aliens invade earth and come to take our water as it is a resource that they want.  They come violently, taking offensive action against the world's major coastal cities.  It was a basic war movie when it came down to it.  I guess my only complaint would be that the aliens didn't really have any special powers, they might as well have been humans fighting humans.  The movie was action packed and although it was predictable at times it always kept you on edge, not really knowing what's up next.  Also if you thought Transformers was a movie that was a major military propaganda tool then you'd be in for a surprise because this movie bleeds pro-marine agenda all over it.  This movie was fun for the action and CG these days is so incredibly believable.  I don't think at any point in the movie did my brain decide that the aliens were computer generated.

No comments: